Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Volunteering

When I was in my school-college days, I wanted to do some kind of social service. But I neither had the courage to do nor the circumstances allowed me.

Once I started to work, I used to contribute financially to some poor homes. And for the past few years have been contributing to Udavum Karangal. But deep within me I wanted to help in some other way also. Due to family restrictions I was never able to do so.
But now an opportunity is has come….

I must thank my indirect friend who introduced me to i-volunteer. Few months back i-volunteer Chennai group was formed. When going through the messages, I saw about volunteer need for “Maithri” towards helping visually challenged students. The work can be done at our home, in our leisure time. So immediately I got the alert and decided to give it a GO..! And hopefully, I will be able to take up more in future.



Click here to join ivolunteerchennai
Click to join ivolunteerchennai

Google